- Entries must be prints produced in or after 2013.
- Entry is limited to 1 work per artist.
- Entries must be signed and numbered (edition number) by the artist.
- Entrants can use any type or technique of printmaking, but the organizer will not accept prints merely output from a computer printer.
- Print size (including the surrounding paper) must not exceed 20.0 x 25.0cm.
- The organizer may reject entries that are likely to soil or damage the facilities or that are difficult to handle.
Submission of Contest Entries and Selection Process
- The triennial is an open competition.
- No entry fee is required.
- Entries will not be returned because they become the property of the Tama Art University Museum.
- How to apply for entry
(1) 1st screening
The jury will screen images of the entries sent to the triennial site through the homepage of Tama Art University. The result of the first screening will be announced on the website after April 2015. Selected entrants will be informed of the result by e-mail.
(2) 2nd screening
The entrants who pass the 1st screening must send the original physical prints. The jury will then select the award-winning works from the original prints.
Members of the jury are as follows:
- 1st screening:
- Yuji KOBAYASHI (painter), Kuniko SATAKE (print artist), Hiroko FURUYA (print artist), Kunio MOTOE (art critic), and Tatsumasa WATANABE (print artist).
- 2nd screening:
- Seishi OZAKU (print artist), Keisei KOBAYASHI (print artist), Akira TATEHATA (art critic), Fumiaki FUKITA (print artist), Toshiaki MINEMURA (art critic), and Kunio MOTOE (art critic).
- Grand-Prix (1)
- 300,000 yen
- Semi Grand-Prix (2)
- 100,000 yen
- Jury Award (6)
- 70,000 yen
- Museum Award (10)
- 30,000 yen
(Mon.) January 5, 2015 – (Sat.) February 28, 2015
Copyright Terms and Conditions
- All selected and awarded prints will become property of the Tama Art University Museum.
- The organizer reserves the right to photograph, reproduce, broadcast entries or publish entries on the web for recording, researching, or publicizing the exhibition.
- The organizers will do their best to handle every work safely, but we will not take responsibility for loss or damage due to unavoidable accidents like a natural disaster.
- * For inquiries, please contact us by e-mail (email@example.com).
- * Inquiries by telephone will not be accepted.
Exhibition Period: (Sat.) September 26, 2015 – (Sun.) November 8, 2015
Place: Tama Art University Museum
Organizer: Tama Art University