- Location: Härjedalen, Sweden
- Deadline: October 1, 2014
- Duration: 1 to 8 months
- Eligibility: Solo artists as well as collaborating teams of up to six people (available are two 3-bed rooms) may apply
- Costs & Support: Paid by artist: travel expenses living expenses additional costs for the guest house (app. 280Euro/month) Paid by host: accommodation, studio and/or theatre space
- URL: http://www.transartists.org/air/h%C3%A4rjedalen
Härjedalen’s Artist in Residence Programm is located in Härjedalen, one of Sweden’s highest elevated and less populated counties, and under the auspice of “Härjedalens Kulturcentrum” (The Härjedalen Cultural Centre) in a newly renovated timber framed theatre building from 1921, which provides the perfect setting for a truly special Artist-in-residence experience.
Härjedalens’s Artist-in-Residence Programm is one of Sweden’s most northern residence programs in a very rural atmosphere, a very quite and inspiring place.
Situated only a short walk from the mystic Nordic nature, the Härjedalens Kulturcentrum offers a fantastic mix. Here, in the peaceful village of Lillhärdal 500km northwest of Stockholm and 400km northeast of Oslo, it will be possible for young artists of many disciplines to enhance their creativity and inventiveness.
theatre hall, 9x9m, blackbox/whitebox, projection Screen 8×4,5m, dansfloor, mirror wall.
for dancers/dance compagnies/theatre companies/performers
5x5m (for writers, painters)
For more information: http://www.transartists.org/air/h%C3%A4rjedalen