Deadline: October 1, 2014
Edge of the Forest
Juried Travelling Textile Exhibition
Canadian Members of the Surface Design Association
March 2015 to October 2015
Canadian Surface Design Association textile artists are invited to submit work that reflects and interprets a diverse Canadian perspective. Selvedge to selvedge, raw edge or treated, traditional or experimental, we welcome the works that best capture and represent your unique current practices and signature style.
- All Canadian members of the Surface Design Association are invited to participate. Artists must be current members of the Surface Design Association and Canadian citizens.
- All work is to be created within the boundaries of a 16” wide by 28” long format. A 2’’ depth will be acceptable.
- All work must be finished to a professional standard and be ready for hanging.
- Entries will be evaluated on concept, design, technique, craftsmanship and creative exploration.
- All artwork must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibition. An artists’ bio booklet will accompany the show so that interested patrons may contact the artist directly.
Exhibition Dates and Locations:
March 1 – 30, 2015
Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts
May 2015 to July 2015
John M Parrott Gallery, Belleville, Ont
August 15 – October 15, 2015
Fibre Conference / Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador
Entry fee: $40.00. Maximum two entries per artist will be considered for jurying.
Rachel Miller Studio Head, Textiles in the Sheridan College Craft & Design Program.
Joe Lewis is a weaver, publisher and writer.
Line Dufour, weaver. Her tapestries have been exhibited throughout Ontario and in the United States. Presently she is overseeing an international
tapestry project entitled “Fate, Destiny and Self-Determination” which is being co-created by 200 people from over 20 countries.
SDA ‘Best in Show Award’ Juror
Judy Martin A dyer and stitcher, Judy Martin has exhibited in Europe, Japan, and many locations across North America.
Edge of the Forest WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Fiber Art Calls for Entry will update this post once we receive the updated website information.
For Questions, contact:
Rikki Blitt: email@example.com
Sheila Thompson: firstname.lastname@example.org